v3.6.0 - November 27, 2017
eXist-db v3.6.0 has just been released. This is a minor release, which contains several new features and bug fixes.
- Switched Collation support to use ICU4j.
- Implemented XQuery 3.1 UCA (Unicode Collation Algorithm).
maptype parameters for XQuery F&O 3.1
declare context itemfor XQuery 3.0.
- Implemented XQuery 3.0 Regular Expression's support for non-capturing groups.
- Implemented a type-safe DSL for describing and testing transactional operations upon the database.
- Implemented missing node kind tests in the XQuery parser when using
- Added AspectJ support to the IntelliJ project files (IntelliJ Ultimate only).
- Repaired the dependencies in the NetBeans project files.
- Added support for Travis macOS CI.
- Added support for AppVeyor Windows CI.
- Updated third-party dependencies:
- Apache Commons Codec 1.11
- Apache Commons Compress 1.15
- Apache Commons Lang 3.7
- Eclipse AspectJ 1.9.0.RC1
- Eclipse Jetty 9.4.7.v20170914
- EXPath HTTP Client 20171116
- Java 8 Functional Utilities 1.11
- JCTools 2.1.1
- XML Unit 2.4.0
- Compiled XQuery cache is now multi-threaded; concurrency is now per-source.
- RESTXQ compiled XQuery cache is now multi-threaded; concurrency is now per-query URI.
- STX Templates Cache is now multithreaded.
- XML-RPC Server will now use Streaming and GZip compression if supported by the client; enabled in eXist's Java Admin Client.
- Reduced object creation overhead in the XML-RPC Server.
The bundled applications of the Documentation, eXide, and Monex have all been updated to the latest versions.
- Fixed compilation for Java 9. eXist-db can now be compiled and run on Java 9.
- Fixed a regression with the XQuery 3.0 Arrow Operator, when it was used in a function, to call a function which is declared later in the XQuery.
- Fixed a regression in the Lucene Range Index where nested content should always be included for an index key, unless configured otherwise.
- Fixed a regression in the EXPath HTTP Client. Previously required you to specify
http-version, now again defaults to
- Fixed a
NullPointerExceptionin the EXPath HTTP Client when using Basic Authentication.
- XInclude support now correctly implements fallback if a HTTP resource cannot be accessed.
- Fixes a number of issues where
InputStreams were not closed, which leaked file handles; particularly an issue on Windows platforms.
- Fixed a database shutdown issue with
SymbolTableon Windows platforms.
- Ensured that URIs are correctly resolved in the
SourceFactoryon Windows platforms.
- No longer use a custom temp folder, instead use Java's; fixes a bug with Jetty on Windows platforms.
- Fixed an issue where the
EXIST_HOMEpath was not constructed correctly under some circumstances on Windows platforms.
- Fixed the return type of
fn:docto match the XQuery F&O specification.
- Fixed a concurrency issue in the HTTP
- Fixed a concurrency issue in caching Query results in the REST Server.
- Fixed a concurrency issue in caching Query results in the XML-RPC Server.
- Fixed the function description of
- Improved error reporting when loading extension modules and EXPath packages.
fn:format-numbernow returns correct error code:
- Fixed decimal formatting in
- Fixed QName equality comparison error code, to correctly return
fn:analyze-stringnow adheres to XQuery Regular Expression syntax and not the wider Java Regular Expression syntax.
fn:doc-availablenow only raises FODC0005 if the supplied URI is invalid.
- Fixed Font Resolution when using Apache FOP via XSL-FO extension module.
- Fixed a
StackOverflowExceptionin the History Trigger.
- Fix to ensure that only signed dependencies end-up in the WAR build.
- eXist-db v3.6.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users who are upgrading should always consult the Upgrading Guide in the documentation.