v3.4.1 - August 16, 2017
eXist-db v3.4.1 has just been released. This is a hotfix release, which contains bug fixes for several important issues discovered since eXist-db v3.4.0.
We recommend that all users of eXist 3.4.0 should upgrade to eXist 3.4.1.
- Fixed a regression related to XQuery Module cleanup and
util:evalwhich was introduced in eXist-db 3.4.0.
- Fixed the signing of the core Jar files (
exist-optional.jar). This is required for using the Java Admin Client via. Java WebStart.
- Corrected the argument parser in
ExportMainwhich is used for some backup scenarios. Previously
ExportMainwould exit after startup with an error.
- Fixed removal of an existing backup directory when starting a backup from the Java Admin Client. Previously the directory would always have been deleted; even when the user chose to preserve it.
xs:hexBinarybacking InputStreams which were cached to a file now
#reset()correctly after reading.
- Extraneous whitespace is now stripped from XQDoc output provided to the Inspection XQuery extension module.
- Corrected the dependency references in the NetBeans project files.
- eXist-db v3.4.1 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users upgrading from previous versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.4.1 is available for download from Bintray. Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.4.1 are available from our mvn-repo. Mac users of the Homebrew package repository may acquire eXist 3.4.1 directly from there.