v3.2.0 - May 2, 2017
We are happy to announce the release of eXist-db v3.2.0. This is a minor release, which introduces a few small features and addresses a number of issues.
- Added an IPRange Security Realm, to authorize users by IP address only. (Disabled by default)
--pidfileoptions to startup scripts
- Added configuration options to
$EXIST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xmlto disable XQuery and XUpdate execution via submission to the RESTServer.
- Added the XPath 3.1 function
- Added the XQuery function
- Small improvements to lock mode use; resulting in more shared locks, and less exclusive locks.
Critical Bug Fixes
- Fixed the
following-siblingaxis so that it also correctly works with names. e.g.
- DataBackup scheduled tasks now includes all .dbx files and indexes
- Fixed missing transaction commit in EmbeddedUpload
- Several locking fixes, including lock acquire/release leaks
- Fixed Lucene match highlighting of ignored nodes; when the ignored node had the same name as the indexed node.
- Fixed the implementation of
org.w3c.dom.Node#isSameNodefor persistent nodes; enables better compatibility when using database documents with Saxon.
- Fixed the reported line numbers when there are newlines in string literals or constructors
- Java Admin Client again correctly handles
- Namespace Constructor in Computed Element Constructor now works correctly
- Fixes to install and uninstall for the service wrapper (YAJSW) with systemd
- Fixes to resolving references in the Configurator
CollectionConfiguration#triggerRegistered; fixing the xquery-versioning-module
DefaultDocumentSet#containsno longer always returns
- Avoid implicit conversion of unicode
x160as numerical entity
when serializing XML
Clean Up and Refactoring
- Corrected the function documentation of
- Disabled sequential token generation in the PersistentLoginModule
- Disabled auto-deployment of EXPath packages when running tests; faster test suite
- Switched from MBean to MXBeand for improved JMX client support
- Further legacy code cleanup to Java 8 syntax
- Upgraded 3rd party libraries:
- log4j2 2.8.2
- j8fu 1.4.1
- Generalised the MacOS package signing targets in the build system
- ... and many more
- eXist-db v3.2.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users upgrading from previous versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.2.0 is available for download from Bintray. Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.2.0 are available from our mvn-repo. Mac users of the Homebrew package repository will be able to install and upgrade shortly; an announcement will be made on the exist-open mailing list.