# Release Notes
## v3.5.0 - September 27, 2017
eXist-db v3.5.0 has just been released. This is a minor release, which contains several new features and bug fixes.
- Improvements to Core Level 1 DOM compliance.
- Implemented missing functions
- Regular Expressions are now Cached (e.g.
- Updated the EXPath HTTP Client:
- Added support for non-chunked HTTP 1.1.
- Pools connections to improve performance.
- Added support for SNI (Server Name Identification).
- Fixed DOM issues with namespace URI handling.
- Upgraded to Jetty 9.4.6.v20170531.
- Upgraded to Apache Tika 1.16.
- Upgraded to Apache FOP 2.2 and improve FO processor logging.
- Upgraded various dependencies to the latest versions (Caffeine, Apache Commons, j8fu, Jackson, Jing, Log4J, Quartz Scheduler, and Slf4j).
- The data directories and memory settings can now be templated via
Node#hasChildNodesno longer includes attributes. Fixed parameter handling bugs in the functions
fn:tokenize#3. Fixed the handling of
xregex flags for
fn:tokenize. Fixed the
fn:namespace-uri#0functions to correctly work with the context item. The embedded Jetty server now uses the JVM's temporary folder for temporary files. Fixed compatibility with Eclipse IDE project files. * Corrected the description of the
### Backwards Compatibility
- eXist-db v3.5.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users upgrading from previous versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
### Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.5.0 is available for download from GitHub. Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.5.0 are available from our mvn-repo. Mac users of the Homebrew package repository may acquire eXist 3.5.0 directly from there.