v4.7.0 - May 19, 2019
This release closes a major memory leak introduced in 4.6.0, removes a deadlock condition and fixes a number of bugs.
- Update to Tika version 1.20 for content extraction module and fix some related bugs
- Add in-memory buffer to solve performance issue accessing remote eXist via XML:DB API
- Update EXQuery RESTXQ to 0.1.34, fixes parsing issues with Accept and Content-Type HTTP headers
- XML serializer leaking memory
- Fix deadlock: memory size from the collection does not need a READ_LOCK, it is an estimate anyway
- Test suite was not correctly reporting failing tests
- Fix ByteArrayPool and CharArrayPool memory leaks
- Fix problems with computed namespace construction
- When loading XQuery modules dynamically, declared global variables were not analyzed properly
- Switch out org.exist.util.hashtable implementation for FastUtil. eXist's implementations have problems with hash-collisions and chaining
- Allow for passing options for ft:search queries. This allows to perform leading-wildcard queries on computed index fields
- Fix arrow operator and higher order functions: context sequence passed incorrectly
- Fix broken XQuery Update for 'insert following'
- Fix ArrayOutOfBoundsException querying doc with enclosed expression and fn:id function
- Fix EXPath HTTP Client - Previously when override-media-type was set and a charset was specified, the charset was ignored
- Fix an issue introduced by PR #2367: a lucene index configured with a match attribute should only be created for nodes matching the path, not all descendant nodes
eXist-db 4.7.0 is binary compatible with the 4.6.1 and 4.6.0 versions of eXist-db. Users who are upgrading should always consult the Upgrading Guide in the documentation.