v3.3.0 - July 2, 2017
We are happy to announce the release of eXist-db v3.3.0. This is a minor release, which introduces a few small features and addresses a number of issues.
- Adaptive serialization mode as defined by XQuery 3.1.
- A DSL which simplifies the definition of functions, function signatures and their parameters for building extension functions.
- An extension mechanism for extension modules to provide valid XPath/XQuery error codes.
- An eXist-db TestKit (
exist-testkit.jar) which can be used by other projects (e.g. extension module) to execute tests against eXist-db.
- Added `ExistOutputKeys.JSONIGNOREWHITESPACETEXTNODES` to discard white-space text nodes when serializing XML/XDM to JSON.
- Fixed the XQuery lookup operator
?to return the correct result with regards to empty values.
- WebDAV now uses the default configuration for serializing XML.
- Fixed a regression in the
xs:hexBinarypreviously now set the correct
srcOffsetin the underlying stream when calling
fn:replacearguments not now correctly cleared when dynamically called.
- Fixed Lucene
inlineelements in case of not yet applied white-space.
- Improved the AppBundler for the MacOS .app package.
- Now requires Java 8.
- Renamed the running process from "JavaAppLauncher" to "eXist-JavaAppLauncher" to make things clearer.
Clean Up and Refactoring
- Update to the Java Admin Client to use the latest version of RSyntaxArea (2.6.1).
- Update Ant from 1.9.7 to 1.10.1.
- ... and many more
- eXist-db v3.3.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users upgrading from previous versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.3.0 is available for download from Bintray. Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.3.0 are available from our mvn-repo. Mac users of the Homebrew package repository will be able to install and upgrade shortly; an announcement will be made on the exist-open mailing list.