We are very proud to announce the first release candidate for the next version of eXist, 2.2. The release candidate is feature complete, but not yet recommended for production use. Please let us know of any issues that you encounter so that we may resolve any unexpected bugs and finalise the release within the next month or so.
eXist 2.2 provides a new Range Index, which can accelerate your XQuery code and has proven to be upto 100 times faster than previous versions. This is the fastest release of eXist ever!
# eXist 2.2.RC1
While updates on the previous index system did not scale well with increasing collection sizes, the new index removes those limitations, thus allowing queries and updates to scale up. As previously reported by some users, problems with slow updates and increased memory usage have disappeared since switching to the new index.
Please refer to the documentation for more information.
- Crash Recovery - Exceptions during transaction rollback no longer cause the database recovery to be aborted; Previously this was commonly seen as
page not initializederrors.
- Java Service Wrapper - No longer kills eXist if it takes longer than expected to shut down or start up.
- Concurrency - Removed consequtive query invocation lockups, and many other small fixes.
- Memory - Memory Leaks in the full text index were fixed.
- Optimizer - Now descends into XQuery Update expressions.
- Java Admin Client - It is no longer possible to accidentally lock out the admin user by mis-changing her password.